Experience the benefits of increased focus, productivity, comfort, and calorie burn while sitting or standing at work.
The Office FootFidget® is a revolutionary concept that provides a non-distracting, subtle movement by pressing down with your foot against the resistance bands of the device. This movement provides significant health benefits, plus the proprioceptive input provides increased focus, attention and performance.
- Portable, adjustable, anyone can use regardless of height, weight or fitness level
- Improves focus and concentration for increased productivity
- Decreases back strain while increasing calorie expenditure
- Provides ergonomically correct positioning while either sitting or standing
- Black bands offer lighter resistance for sitting applications
- Yellow bands offer heavier resistance for standing applications
- NEAT certified by Mayo Clinic
NEAT stands for the science of NonExercise Activity Thermogenesis developed by Mayo Clinic
MAYO CLINIC Research on FootFidget® - Calorie Expenditure
A Mayo Clinic study on the Office FootFidget® determined that office workers burned an average of 29% more calories while sitting at their desks using FootFidget®
This additional activity translates to burning enough calories to lose 12 pounds per year while sitting at your desk! When used with a standing desk, calorie expenditure can be expected to further increase.
THE COSTS of a Sedentary Lifestyle – Sitting is Hazardous to Your Health
The health community has declared that ‘sitting is the new smoking’.
- In 2013, 67.5 billion in productivity loss and direct health care costs (study published in Lancet, July 27, 2016) were due to a sedentary life style. This provides Significant Potential for a positive E.V.A.
- Women who sat for 6 hours per day had a 37% increased risk of dying vs. those who sat for 3 hours per day. Men’s increased risk was 17%.(American Cancer Society)
- Physical inactivity is associated with a range of chronic diseases including coronary heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, breast and colon cancer.